--without-pam broken in latest CVS again? And file list cacheing weirdness

Subject: --without-pam broken in latest CVS again? And file list cacheing weirdness
From: Mark Guertin (mark@artshouse.com)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 12:56:34 EDT

Can anyone verify this? Having same problems with latest CVS is I did with
pre6, specified ‹without-pam, the configure output shows it is disabling
pam, but I am unable to login with any methods...

Moral of the story, Never try to build a production server with beta
software ;) (I wish it was an option here)

Also found an issue with last week CVS (canıt verify in this one yet), but
when manually moving a new directory into the netatalk shared folder, it
seems to pull up a file list from itıs last cache..hard to explain, lemme
give you an example.

Directory listing starts like:
Files 1
Files 2

I add a dir called Files 3 (from command line, not thru netatalk/mac), then
it looks like (from apple share):
Files 1
Files 2
Files 3

I remove Files 3 (from command line), it looks like:
Files 1
Files 2

Then add dir Files 4 (from command line), it now looks like:
Files 1
Files 2
Files 3

Clicking on Files 3 gives a ³file not found² error. The only way to get it
to refresh the file list is to log off server and back in again. Didnıt
have any of these problems with previous versions, just the usual open and
close the window to refresh thing (Appletalk always sucked for this),
opening and closing window, adding new files/folders it still does not
Œrefreshı the listing so to speak.

Mark

Mark Guertin, IT Manager
Artshouse Communications Inc.