disk size weirdness with aliases

Subject: disk size weirdness with aliases
From: Sid Stary (sid@33rpm.com)
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 15:08:12 EDT

hi,
I have a weird problem with netatalk and aliases of other drives
placed in a home dir. here is the situation:

(1) a user log in his home dir (/home/user) -this home dir is a drive
with a 3 gig capacity

(2) in this /home/user dir there an alias placed of a drive /files
which is 200 gigs

(3) when I log in via AppleTalk and open the /files alias the Mac
window bar shows only 3gig available.

(4) the weird thing is that when I copy a 2 meg file to the /files
dir, and the copy is finished, the capacity once again shows 3 megs
available.

Now I would not care what the Mac window bar shows, but when I try to
copy a file that is larger than 3 gigs, it will not let me do it....

any ideas...?

thank you in advance, sid

ps running kernel 2.4, on Proliant 3000, netatalk 1.4b2