Re: okay, so what version should I use with 10.1?

Subject: Re: okay, so what version should I use with 10.1?
From: David (zer0@mac.com)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 10:47:02 EDT

I second that, being frustrated. Appleshare just seems to be the best file
sharing system overall. Samba is great as well, but it seems that
Appleshare has better password encrytion available. It is certainly better
than NFS or SMB on MacOS(X or 9), both of which did not do well in OSX 10.
0.x or 10.1.

I get a kick out of the fact that Netatalk seems to be twice or more as
fast as Apple's Appleshare on OSX. :)

Just my $0.07.

David Shaub