Re: OS X...

Subject: Re: OS X...
From: Marc J. Miller (itlm019@mailbox.ucdavis.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 11 2001 - 21:19:53 EST

I've noticed this when simply copying files from my Zip drive to a linux
ext2 partition as well. I have a theory that it's buffering the read,
stops when the buffer is full to write the data to the hard drive, and then
continues. If that's what it is, an increase in RAM may speed things up
(or at least delay the system stall).