Re: Large Volumes

Subject: Re: Large Volumes
From: Matthew Keller (kellermg@potsdam.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 25 2001 - 15:25:01 EST

        The main issues with Netatalk under these situations aren't Netatalk's
problem, rather it's the client's problem. Mac's, in general, have
issues displaying folders that contain a large number of files/folders.
If you organize the file structure properly, the below requirements are
trivial- I have environments that are much more demanding. However if
you throw those 350,000 files in the root of that volume, your clients
will choke... Miserably.
        Tip: RAID0/1 RAID0/1 RAID0/1

--

Matthew Keller WebMaster, Interim Network Manager & Host Systems Analyst Computing & Technology Services Information Services Division State University of New York at Potsdam Website: http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/ PGP: http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/crypto/