Re: patch for mswindows option to netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3

Subject: Re: patch for mswindows option to netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3
From: Donald Lee (donlee@icompute.com)
Date: Sat Feb 17 2001 - 13:57:34 EST

At 10:25 AM -0600 2/11/01, Frank Joerdens wrote:
>The codepage support still seems to be broken in 1.5pre3 (interestingly,
>it complains if it can't find the nls directory, so it _is_ looking for
>the codepage . . . but somehow it doesn't get applied). The mswindows
>option does work, though, in that I can't rename folders so as to
>contain ???, for instance. I am using netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 with a SuSE
>specific patch, where the codepage support works, but where I don't have
>the mswindows option. I am wondering, does anyone have a patch to
>include the mswindows option into this version?
>
>Cheers, Frank

When I built my netatalk, I had trouble with the part opf the makefile
that built the nls stuff. I found that if you built from a clean
un-tar of the package, it would build fine, but if you ran it a second time
it would fail. I don't remember the details, but as I recall, the makefile
that built some of this stuff didn't re-do one of its steps if the file
already existed.

As I recall, this was my fix:

(etc/afpd/nls/Makefile)

SRC = makecode.c parsecode.c
OBJ = makecode.o parsecode.o

INCPATH= -I../../../include
CFLAGS= ${DEFS} ${OPTOPTS} ${INCPATH}

all:: parsecode makecode

parsecode: parsecode.o
        ${CC} ${CFLAGS} ${LDFLAGS} parsecode.o -o parsecode

makecode: makecode.o
        ${CC} ${CFLAGS} ${LDFLAGS} makecode.o -o makecode

install:
        ./makecode # <<< ADD THIS LINE ***************
        -mkdir ${RESDIR}/nls
        ${INSTALL} -m 644 maccode.* ${RESDIR}/nls

clean:
        rm -f *.o
        rm -f makecode parsecode

-dgl-