Re: with red hat 7

Subject: Re: with red hat 7
From: Walt Reed (walt@mail.terrascope.com.criticalpath.net)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 02:05:10 EST

yes, you do need to compile appletalk into your kernel. if you need
help on that, check here:

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Kernel-HOWTO.html

i've also been able to add an insmod line to my startup scripts &
load appletalk on the fly, it works pretty well. you'll find
appletalk.o somewhere on a redhat default install.

but what i mean by config's, is to go into the /etc/atalk directory.
you'll see several files that are used to configure netatalk. you
want to read them (and the manual:

http://www.anders.com/projects/netatalk/ ;-)

what do you have AppleVolumes.default set too? how about afpd.conf,
atalk.conf, etc. if you didn't configure the program, you should
read these & figure out what you want it to do. don't be alarmed if
there are extra config's or slightly different one's than you read
about, just open them up and read, they do a pretty good job of
explaining what's needed. if you find something you don't
understand, search the archive of this newsgroup, and post if you
have to. i think you'll find most problems covered many times.

good luck,