Re: Appletalk over IP not working

Subject: Re: Appletalk over IP not working
From: Eric Long (eric@metrotv.com)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 17:24:57 EST

Without any config file, it still gives me the same error. Same thing if I
just specify a machine name and port number.

What's weird is that if I start atalkd as well (I currently just need afpd),
then afpd will run, but I have no clue how it's running because it's not
binding to any address or port. I know this because I tried connecting when
it was running and it didn't work.

Whether or not afpd is running, I still see the "Can't assign requested
address" message in my logs.

Yes, my hosts.allow is configured correctly. I'm currently allowing ALL
connections to the box. I have no way of telling if atalkd is actually
working because this box is on another network and I'm setting this up
remotely. Just want to do appletalk over TCP/IP.

-Eric