netatalk with AuthMan UAM

Subject: netatalk with AuthMan UAM
From: sam@shadow.org
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 17:44:23 EST

Okay, this is a little more complicated than I'd really like -- HOWEVER...

I'm trying to resurrect the krb4 code in the sourceforge netatalk...
I can now successfully load Kerberos IV as a uam but things don't just
magically work and I'm hoping somebody here might be able to suggest
places for me to tinker...

First I tried using MIT's Kerberos4/5 client (and I'd like to eventually
use this anyway, but for now that can wait) unsuccessfully. Now I'm
using the MacKerberos non-UM 2.0.4 as distributed via
www.umich.edu/~rsug... Using the AuthMan in 2.0.4 I can successfully
acquire a kerberos 4 ticket but when I try to mount a netatalk volume
via the chooser, I get an error to the effect of "Sorry, the UAM on the
server is too old an AuthMan version". Has anybody done any work to
netatalk to rectify this?

Alternatively, I've tried using the AuthMan UAM 1.1 (also from the same
place at umich, distributed as AuthManUAMSrc.sea) and I seem to get a
little bit further. The appleshare client brings up a "Select Logon Method"
dialog but the listbox that ought to contain logon methods is empty.

Does this indicate that I've made a mistake building the krb4 uam?
Suggestions?

/* Sam */