Netatalk can work with OS X final - the old versions

Subject: Netatalk can work with OS X final - the old versions
From: David (zer0@mac.com)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 15:51:51 EDT

All interested:

I've used a few different old versions and they all seem to work.
Specifically I am using "netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4-0.i386.rpm" which
seemed to be the newest version I could find that actually worked. I
used RPMfind.net to locate it. You may know about these old
versions, they are missing some fairly useful features such as DHX
authentication. To get two-way encrypted passwords, you have to have
a .passwd file in each user's home directory that is chmod 0700 and
owned by the user.

David Shaub