permissions prob

Subject: permissions prob
From: Peter Risdon (peter@circlesquared.com)
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 08:10:38 EDT

When my client tries to copy a folder to the network share, he gets an
error stating he has insufficient permissions, and the following appears
in /var/log/messages:

-- May 8 10:47:24 gateway afpd[56796]: setdirmode: chmod .AppleDouble:
Operation n
ot permitted
May 8 10:49:26 gateway afpd[56796]: setdirmode: chmod .AppleDouble:
Operation n
ot permitted

I'm puzzled because the setup is simple and one I've used elsewhere,
including in my own office. The server is FreeBSD 4.2 and
AppleVolumes.default just states:

~
/shared/directory/path

The share is also used by samba. permissions of the share are 777.

Any ideas?

Peter Risdon
circle squared
9 The Maltings,
Millfield,
Cottenham,
Cambridge,
CB4 8RE
UK
tel +44 1954 251097
fax +44 1954 252209

While every effort is made to ensure this mail and its attachments are
free of viruses and other malicious software, recipients should take
their own precautions.

This mail is intended for the addressees only. Should you receive it
inappropriately, please delete it and inform us by return mail to
admin@circlesquared.com

Unless otherwise stated, the opinions expressed in this mail are those
of its author, and not statements made on behalf of the circle squared.