re: Unix (Netatalk) Client of Conventional MacOS Server?

Subject: re: Unix (Netatalk) Client of Conventional MacOS Server?
From: Allan Hunter (ahunter3@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 16:47:34 EDT

At 2:48 PM -0400 5/16/01, Chad Cunningham wrote:
>As far as I know, there is nothing that will allow any variety of unix to
>mount an appleshare volume that is served up by another machine. There is
>a linux kernel module that existed at one time, but it didn't work all
>that well and hasn't been touched in a few years.

What about a Cayman Gatorbox?

Don't laugh, folks, I'm trying to sound knowledgeable here!

But seriously, I've heard rumors that something called a Gatorbox
might provide the functionality I'm looking for (to be a CLIENT of an
existing non-ASIP AppleTalk File Sharing network. I'm already
capable of being a SERVER).

--
Allan Hunter

<ahunter3@earthlink.net> <http://home.earthlink.net/~ahunter>