Re: MacOS X vs Linux HELP.

Subject: Re: MacOS X vs Linux HELP.
From: boris@range.infoplease.com
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 16:23:06 EDT

BH> I'm sure the developers are sorting all of this out right now for the
BH> next release, but if anybody knows how to configure netatalk for Mac OS X,
BH> please post to the list, thanks!

There are some useful discussions of this issue on the OS X discussion
boards at apple.com. For example, see this thread:
    http://discussions.info.apple.com/WebX?13@@.eedb03f/8
(registration required).

The bottom line is that there is one, and apparently only one, version
of netatalk that works with Mac OS X right now:
    ftp://ftp.cobaltnet.com/pub/users/asun/testing/pre-asun2.1.4-37b.tar.gz
which is version netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4-pre37b.

Some people additionally suggest adding -DUSE_FLOCK_LOCKS to the compile flags.

Thanks to Richard Eisenman for figuring this out!

No guarantees, but I'm using this combination and it is working pretty
well. I do hope someone can figure out what this version does
differently, and patch the newer versions to work with OS X too.

Bng

--
Boris Goldowsky            Director of Engineering & Development
Information Please         boris@infoplease.com