and yet muddier

Subject: and yet muddier
From: Chris Herrmann (chris@faredge.com.au)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 06:27:53 EDT

the picture grows muddier yet...

If i remove all semblances of security, and load only uams_guest.so, and get
everyone to connect as guest, then 1 of the users can use the network trash,
and all of them appear to be saving ok / using quark ok...

the latest configure/build was:

#
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/netatalk --mandir=/usr/local/man --sysconfd
ir=/etc/netatalk --w
ith-config-dir=/etc/netatalk --with-pam --with-shadow --with-ssl-dir=/usr/lo
cal/openssl --enable-t
imelord --enable-lastdid --enable-tcp-wrappers --with-flock-locks

I added --enable-lastdid, --enable-tcp-wrappers, and --with-flock-locks

arrghhhh.... rapidly getting less happy.

Don't penguins eat apples? Maybe if apples looked more like fish... no, that
thought's goin' nowhere. Time to go home.

Users who can't "trash" get a "you can't store this in the trash folder,
delete immediately" message which they can ok/cancel.

As far as I can see, there's no difference between users/macs, so why the
disparity in behaviour? there are no messages about any of this in
/var/log/messages. All mac users have the same version of tcp/ip, open
transport, appletalk (2.7.4). all users are logged in as guest.

arggh!