Re: permissions

Subject: Re: permissions
From: Henry Gripp Zeringue (hzeringu@mmb.bme.wisc.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 09:03:50 EDT

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Luk Vermeylen wrote:

> Can someone give me a good example for file sharing with netatalk?
> I want to share a directory (/data/design/) between samba and netatalk
> the group graphics has total acces to the dir, the group staf only read
> permissions.
> How do i have to set the line in my applevolumes file?
> And how do i have to set the rights under linux for the directory?

AppleVolumes.default:
/data/design allow:@group1 share_name

sippit from "ls -l /"
drwxrwxr-x 21 root group1 4096 Apr 26 22:26 data

It seems you have to make the parent directory of the directory you want
to share owned by the group you want to share it to (I know it sounds
confusing). So you should make sure everyone you want to be able to access
a certain share is part of the same group...

-gripp

--
Henry 'Gripp' Zeringue	Home:	(608)260-8098
Biomedical Engineering	Office:	(608)262-8212