RE: DID & reiser

Subject: RE: DID & reiser
From: Chris Herrmann (chris@faredge.com.au)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 19:07:16 EDT

Hi Jason,

Excellent idea.

I'm actually in the middle of doing something similar myself, having been
too frustrated at seeing the same problems crop up again and again, with no
real answers, and unfortunately lacking the technical skills necessary to
fix.

I've started playing with a netatalk website, the idea being that all of the
problems with various kernels, quark #$%$!@, max os x.xx, and what an earth
the error messages & configuration options actually mean.

There's a very beta site up at:

http://gemini.faredge.com.au/netatalk/

Have a look, if you have ideas / info / whatever write and tell me. If you
don't like it, don't go there. If you have a better idea, then do it - ie.
don't ask me to do it. Given an unlimited amount of time (and a little more
money) i'd set up something funkier such as an faq site / webapp, but since
time <> unlimited it isn't.

I'm more than happy to maintain the site, as long as people who actually
know the answer to some of these questions are forthcoming with information.

Cheers all,

Chris