setting up ghostscript

Subject: setting up ghostscript
From: Jerome Cintas (jcintas@iprimus.com.au)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 04:25:42 EDT

Hi all,

in the process of setting up an Epson Photo EX printer locally connected to my linux box,
i successfully setup netatalk for file share access with my mac, and have the printer working fine fro linux.

now to setup the printer to print from the mac, i keep having trouble setting up the filter for the queue to use ghostscript.

there is a an info page with the following link:
http://artoo.hitchcock.org/~flowerpt/projects/linux-netatalk/ghostscript.html
but doesn't seem to be up.
can anyone give me alink or info on how to setup my filter for ghostscript ?

FYI,my filter is as follow:

PATH=/usr/local/atalk/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:$PATH
export PATH

( echo '%!' ;
  echo '{0.333 exp} dup dup currenttransfer setcolortransfer' ;
  cat -
) | gs -q -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=epson -sOutputFile=- - | pap -E

and i have the error :
 lp_init: lock: No such file or directory
 lp_open failed
when trying to print from the mac,
and a 'postscript error' message appears on the mac.

thanks !!