Re: disconnect from server

Subject: Re: disconnect from server
From: Thomas Kaiser (Thomas.Kaiser@phg-online.de)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 07:45:12 EDT

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001 10:12:29 +0200, Keen srl wrote:

> i have a problem, using RED HAT LINUX KERNEL 2.2.14-5.0 A and
> NETATALK-1.4B2+ASUN 2.1.3-7. my clients (mac os 9.1) disconnect from the
> server many times during the day they use freehand, photoshop, xpress.

One suggestion:

- Are the afp connections to the netatalk server established via afp over
  tcp or appletalk? (look into the finders info window of a mounted volume)

- Are your macs configured to get their tcp/ip-configs from a dhcp server?

- If so: how long is one dhcp lease valid?

Maybe your clients were dropped from the server caused by reconfiguring the
macos' tcp/ip stack due to to small dhcp leases?

Regards,

Thomas