LFS support and Netatalk [Was: Filesize limit etc.]

Subject: LFS support and Netatalk [Was: Filesize limit etc.]
From: Frank Joerdens (frank@joerdens.de)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 15:10:33 EDT

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 05:15:44PM +0200, Frank Joerdens wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 04:48:25PM +0200, Frank Joerdens wrote:
> > I just tried with the latest version (1.5pre6) and freshly compiled that
> > against glibc 2.1.3. If I open a volume from the Mac which contains a
> > file bigger than 2 GB, the log file on the server says:
> >
> > afp_enumerate: stat test.tar: Value too large for defined data type
>
> I forgot to mention: From the Mac the file is not even visible, although
> the space it occupies gets noticed, i.e. the Mac reports the 70 GB
> volume as occupied by something which is 3.4 GB in size (i.e. 66 GB as
> free) but which does not show up in the Finder.

Found a couple of links with info on Large File Support on Unix
platforms:

http://ftp.sas.com/standards/large.file/x_open.20Mar96.html#1.1
http://www.suse.de/~aj/linux_lfs.html

Does anyone know how to put this into Netatalk or if there is a version
somewhere that already implements it (Samba 2.0.7 does not enable this
by default either, although it supports it . . . )?

Cheers Frank