Re: Incorrect password?

Subject: Re: Incorrect password?
From: Frank Joerdens (frank@joerdens.de)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 05:34:00 EDT

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 02:21:09AM -0700, xris wrote:
> Greetings all.. New to the list...
>
> Anyway, I recently lost my linux drive due to a machine upgrade, and when I
> reinstalled netatalk (upgrading to the latest prerelease), I am for some
> reason unable to log in. everything SEEMS to be working fine, and I can
> connect as guest (granted, there are no guest-accessible volumes), but
> whenever I try to connect as an existing user, I get an "incorrect password"
> error. I'm pretty sure I got all of the compile options correct
> (--with-shadow, etc), and have essentially the same config files as so what
> should I do next?
>
> For reference, my compile options:
>
> ./configure --disable-ddp --enable-lastdid --with-tcp-wrappers --with-shadow
> --with-uams-path=/etc/atalk/uams --sysconfdir=/etc/atalk

When I just tried this, I had the same problem but that was because I
didn't have the --with-shadow option enabled. What I also noticed, and
that may be your problem too, is that --sysconfdir=/etc/atalk doesn't
work, or at least it does not help to set the config dir. This was
accomplished by --with-config-dir=path.

Hope it helps,
Frank