1.5pre7,OSX and Debian

Subject: 1.5pre7,OSX and Debian
From: morganew@mac.com
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 10:56:59 EDT

Many questions here:

1. Does 1.5 pre7 work with OSX or do I need to backtrack to an older
DID module? I am able to use 1.6pre6 to listen to mp3s by adding the
"hello" to the login, but I can't do anything else (no moving, copying
or removing files). I am certain this has been asked before, but I can't
seem to find any kind of up-to date mailing list archive.

2. Has anyone made a Debian .deb for the new 1.5pre7?

3. If there is no .deb, I need a hand figuring out where the build
should go. Utilizing the build instructions from anders.com (why is
this not at the sourceforge site???), it suggests using
DESTDIR=/usr/local/atalk. The thing is, my current netatalk on my
debian box is NOT located there. In fact, the only atalk dir I find is
in /usr/lib/atalk. I have done a dpkg -L netatalk and can see where all
the files have gone, but I am not really sure if I should remove the old
1.5pre6 before installing 1.5pre7, and should I make a dir in
/usr/local/atatalk?

Clearly, I need help :)

Morgan Reed