Re: problem mounting two servers

Subject: Re: problem mounting two servers
From: Thomas Schierle (ts@visual-s.de)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 15:04:26 EDT

The problem has been discussed more than a year ago, I believe.
Unfortunately I didn't find the thread in my mail archives.

If memory doesn't fail, the solution was to change the order of appearance
of the localhost entry and the servers real IP within the hosts file.
Real IP has to be the first entry.

Background (from memory): a netatalk server creates some kind of
unique ID at (its first?) startup, and that ID is based on its IP.
If that ID is based on the localhost IP, it of cause isn't unique.

-Thomas

--
Thomas Schierle, Munich, Germany

PGP key [DSS/DH] 0xA23CDA1D available at various public key servers