Netatalk corrupts FreeHand documents

Subject: Netatalk corrupts FreeHand documents
From: Lasse Lehtinen (blob@sgic.fi)
Date: Sat Sep 22 2001 - 09:51:23 EDT

I've have come up with a strange problem. Our AD's save their FreeHand
documents straight to a Netatalk-volume and sometimes when they try to
reopen them, it says that the document isn't a FreeHand document. When you
force it to open in FreeHand, it shows the contents of the file in
ASCII. This happens occasionally and only with FreeHand, which is the
strangest thing. Somehow they get corrupted. FreeHand version is 9.0 with
MacOS 9.0.4 and 8.5.1. My Netatalk setup is Netatalk 1.5.6pre, RedHat 7.1
and Kernel 2.4.7. I don't remember the compile options. I'm happy to give
more detailed information if anyone can help.