Re: recent servers items do not function properly

Subject: Re: recent servers items do not function properly
From: Dave Ritter (dave_ritter@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 07:20:29 EDT

The "Recent Servers" function uses aliases of previously mounted
volumes, some people seem to have no problems with aliases and
others have BIG problems with aliases (mostly pointing to the wrong
file or folder after a reboot).

Are aliases working in your setup? Do they work correctly after the
client mac reboots? Does an alias made on one client work correctly
when used on another client?

If any netatalk developers are reading this;

Has there been any progress in fixing the alias problem in
netatalk? The Mac OS is starting to use aliases in normal system
functions so it becomes much harder to just tell users "don't use
aliases" when dealing with netatalk volumes.

Dave Ritter