netatalk-devel package

Subject: netatalk-devel package
From: Lorenzo Perone (lopez.on.the.lists@yellowspace.net)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 16:07:47 EDT

Hi All,

could someone make a point on how crucial it is (or necessary) to use the appropriate netatalk-devel package alongside to netatalk when compiling a new version? This is something fairly undocumented...
BTW, I'm having difficulties to install the 1.5p6 devel-rpm on some older boxes which have an older rpm version. Could this be provided as tar as well (OK, I can get them out I guess, on a newer distri or w the apropriate rpm package...)?

Thanx,

:-)

Lorenzo