HELP: Request for Information!

Subject: HELP: Request for Information!
From: Steve Freitas (sflist@ihonk.com)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 04:27:04 EDT

Hi folks,

I'm trying to do a non-programmer's job of tracking down the culprit behind
the sometimes difficult relationship between Quark and Netatalk.

We've got a complicated set of datapoints. Could those with non-working and
working Quark installations supply the mailing list with a few points of
information?

I know a few of you have done this, but I'd like to generate a fresh report.
Information is needed such as...

1. Netatalk version (+ any patches), plus compile-time options if you
compiled it (specifically locking-related options). If you didn't compile
it, note the specific binary package used so the package generator can tell
us about it.

2. Server operating system, with kernel version and filesystem type. If you
know of any strange issues with these, let us know. (E.g., I believe Linux
2.2's locking code was flaky, don't know if that's fixed on 2.4. TcX cited
this as a reason for not supporting row-level locking on MySQL, I believe.)

3. Client operating system and version

4. Quark version

5. Quark save method (with/without previews, any other options)

6. Whether it works, doesn't work, or partially works. If it doesn't work,
what does it report?

Hopefully we can build a little matrix and find a clue or three.

Thanks!

Steve