Re: HELP: Request for Information!

Subject: Re: HELP: Request for Information!
From: Nicky Haan (nicky@netcase.nl)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 04:46:59 EDT

Hi,

from what i think happens with quark is really a problem with filenames, i
noticed that DTP ppl really like using / $ % * : and so on in filenames, these
obviously get screwed if u put them on an appeltalk unix machine.
For your information the awnsers to the questions:
1) netatalk-1.5pre6-1mdk und mandrake 8.0, had the same problems on a self
compiled version under rh 6.1 (cant remember what version atalk was but the
newest there was about august 2000

2) rh was 2.2 kernel and ext 2 and mandrake is 2.4 kernel with riserfs

3) mac os 9.01 and 9.04

4) quark passport 4.1

5) with preview and single language files

6) the redhat system didnt work at all, the mandrake one does better but still
not satisfiing, dont know the error messages (but as i said above i think
atleast 95 % of the problem is the filenames)

hope this helps

--
Nicky Haan
Unix/Linux Sysadmin / Systems Engineer